Mission - To ensure safe and sanitary conditions in housing and commercial properties through effective code enforcement efforts.
Vision - To make the City of Atlanta a better place to live, work, play, and conduct business through the laws and regulations governing code enforcement.
Four ways to submit a code violation
Check the status of your Code Request
Code of Ordinances - (See Helpful Documents, below)
What they do - The Bureau of Code Compliance is responsible for the inspection and enforcement of residential and commercial properties that violate the Atlanta Housing Code, Graffiti Ordinance, and/or Commercial Maintenance and Industrial Code. Properties are inspected for violations such as:
- decayed/damaged leaking roofs,
- holes in flooring (both inside and out),
- broken window glass; flaking/peeling paint,
- units not supplied with water or adequate heat,
- rodent infestation or unsanitary conditions,
- overgrown, littered vacant lots,
- junk/inoperative vehicles,
- electrical hazards,
- open and vacant structures,
- dilapidated buildings, and
- numerous other deficiencies which render properties substandard, or unsafe to its occupants or the general public.
To contact City of Atlanta Code Enforcement, please use the following contact info. Please sent a CC to NBCA's Code Enforcement Liaison, Michelle Carver, at email@example.com.
Officer Stephen S. Clair
Code Enforcement Officer
City Of Atlanta
Atlanta Police Department-Community Service Division
Code Enforcement Section
5S Trinity Avenue, Suite 3450, City Hall
Atlanta, GA 30303-3520
Phone: (404) 330-6735
If for some reason you don't reach officer Clair just call the main number for the code enforcement department.
Always be sure to follow up on your calls and/or emails.